With Continual Reference to Justin Kahn.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Who's Keyser Soze?

O.K. I can't actually answer that question. But I can tell you more about myself. I never thought this would be necessary but it turns out that a great number of people don't know enough about me. This post will remedy that.

My name is Justin and this is my award winning blog. In it, I pour my heart out about those closest to me. I rarely talk about myself, because I am very complicated. But sometimes I will make a portrait of myself. Until earlier this year I was in a happy relationship. Then we broke up.

Being very lonely, I began devoting myself to photography and my drawing. Although, I labor in semi-obscurity in these fields, my confidence is bolstered by the fact that I have won some major literary awards. Sadly, Postsecret won't publish me.Sometimes I just make links up.

There are a number of ways you can show your support. Another way, is to please, please, please, please, please buy something from my online store.

I am usually a beacon of stability.

Unfortunately, I am ever so slightly starting to lag on my major literary commitment. For that reason, I shall devote myself to tireless literary productivity until I post again on July 11.

This post is dedicated to Steve the Immortal and the girl who says I never mention her on my blog. Without you two, I might not have realized that it isn't enough to just talk about myself. Sometimes I have to talk about myself and then repeat it.

31 comments:

Nessa said...

I am ever so enthralled and intrigued by your biography. I hope you talk about yourself more real soon.

Erratic Scribbler said...

post-modernism would be nothing without you.

Jody said...

Hey, you've never mentioned me on your blog, either. Not fair.

Mary Lois said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deb said...

Hmm... an apron for $400 and a mug for $100 bucks? Doesn't sound like a deal to me and I was about to buy something too!

Anonymous said...

You Loser get a life !! Everybody goes through breakups...you don't see me trying to beg people to buy a $400 apron.... Fine I understand your need to express yourself, find a better way to do it !!

the next great genius said...

Oops, looks like someone is anonymously upset.

I'm with ~deb, though. Is there any sort of student discount?

Nessa said...

anonymous is always upset. You never see anyone with an actual name get upset. Only anonymous has balls.

Anonymous said...

Dear Justin,

Please forward this to you Department of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI).

Dear Concept of Irony Department of Continuous Quality Improvment,

I am disappointed at the low quality of your comments page. I can only assume that these comments are those of actual readers and not the fabulous and witty fabricated comments I have come to expect from this blog. It seems to me that when you write for your own entertainment (and not that of your readers), you tend to produce higher quality work.

Best Regards,

Anonymous

SimoneladybugKnits said...

Very interesting ...

Mary Lois said...

Hey Justin, who invited the anonymous room emptier? Just tell me it isn't you trying to kick the rest of us out so you can have your blog to yourself again. It's okay, you don't have to hit me over the head.

Charlene Amsden said...

I hold the opinion that most anonymous posters are cowards. They don't have enough pride or confidence in themselves to stand up for their beliefs in public, so they weasel around and try to infect their pettiness on others.

Unknown said...

Blazin playa!

Mary Lois said...

Hey, wait a minute! You mean "quilldancer" is your real name?

Jenn said...

Geez, that anonymous sure cracks me up.

Like Justin.

He probably is Justin.

(And yes, you should fabricate some of your own comments again...it was fun reading what Aristophanes and company had to say about your posts)

Charlene Amsden said...

FFH -- because I didn't post as anonymous you can track me. As a rule -- though obviously not always -- people who leave tracks back to their own "abode" don't verbally assault or ridicule others.

Charlene Amsden said...

The anonymous post does have a Justinesque voice. I wondered myself if he wasn't playing pranks.

Jenn said...

The anonymous doth protest too much, Justin.

Methinks, anyway.

Anonymous said...

I think I love you, Justin. You are hilarious. And the mug is underpriced, if you ask me.

High Power Rocketry said...

Wow cool page!

Vive42 said...

so lemme get this straight... you pretty much talk shit and people give you money sometimes? genius!

Amanda said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog. It was...well interesting.

Anthony said...

Wow, you've got an amazing blog here.

I'll definitely be back!

Marshall Darts said...

I would think it would be 'Kaiser' or 'Caesar', not Keyser. An imperial title not a name. It looks like your version is
Kee-zer.

Kat said...

You are adorable. I am happy to have found a wonderful writer by using the random blog generator on the upper right. I just might have to add you to my delicious. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

You actually think you're more expert on the lexicon than Safire?

Gimme a break. You're no prof either.

Find something to have a lide about.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to make sure you got to 30 comments.

Hi. How's it going? ;) -- Lisa

Jenn said...

31. Where is Justin?

Charlene Amsden said...

Jenn -- Justin didn't say where he was going but he did say when he'd be back -- tomorrow! However, I am still leaning toward believing he IS anonymous and he never left at all --

Joe Tornatore said...

just stumbled on to your blog. my blog is dedicated to irony too. in fact, we use the same template.

Jenn said...

And baby makes 34. Silly me! I was so busy clicking on links that I completely missed when Justin said he would be back. Or that he would be gone in the first place.

I had COI-related anxiety but it's all better now. Thanks Quilly.