With Continual Reference to Justin Kahn.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Motivational Monday: Anyone Can Fail, But Only Justin Takes So Many With Him.











Last Motivational Monday I showed you how I did something great by publishing a story.

And, if you clicked on the story I linked to, you would have read my amazing story, published on a site that has been around for a couple of years.

I took a great risk by putting my work out there. And when I published I felt great.

Guess what happens if you click on the link to my story right now. The page tells you that the website is now defunct!

Hah!

So maybe my story resulted in the death of a literary institution!

At least I tried!

And you should try to! When you end up destroying something other people worked so hard to achieve, your good friends at COI will help you and them rebuild.

If we haven't ruined everything by then.

7 comments:

Comrade Kevin said...

Wow, and you actually bought one of their shirts. You think that would keep them running for at least 3 or 4 more years.

Anonymous said...

You sound amazing. Your writing is such a turn on. Do you have a girlfriend? I'd take you on a date.

Anonymous said...

Man, this reminds me of the time the Library of Alexandria burned...

Justin said...

Frank,

I don't know why you have to keep bringing that up. I apologized to the Alexandrian Librians like a thousand times. I mean, I didn't know that was why no smoking was allowed.


Regards,
j.

Justin said...

Thanks, Cassandra. I feel all giddy now and am not going to give a quiz to my next class.

While my friends would point out that I'm actually a prick, the fact is I try really hard to develop a prose style that suggests I am not.

j.

Justin said...

Comrade K
But now that I've thrown it a way, I have nothing to wear for the next week. Can I borrow one of your metallica shirts?

j.

Steven said...

Justin, you're wonderful stories can try all they like, but Monkeybicycle will not fall!