With Continual Reference to Justin Kahn.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Comments

For those of you who only read the comments, what are you going to do. Today's post is about comments.

~Yesterday 'Anonymous' wrote that "Curtis looks like a penguin...it's funny when people don't look like you expect." This comment almost would have claimed the prize for the long running penguin contest. Better luck next time!

~I recieved this very nice comment on my desk. Isn't it a nice note? It does contain a few spelling errors. And I have to admit that when I first saw this note, the idea of using Curtis as my spell checker, suddenly didn't make so much sense. Until I can afford a seperate spell checker, what am I to do?

~International Comments. My comment on the Blog of Kell has merited a post entry. She is one of the growing number of 'Aussies' who seem to think that Australia is real, in contradiction of me and Oprah. This creates a sad situation.

There are Americans who think that just b/c a country or someone doesn’t exist, you can treat them however you want.

I am forming a group called “Americans and Non-Existent Aussies Together” to end the prejudice. Just because a person isn’t real doesn’t mean they aren’t human. You know as soon as I highlighted that previous sentences, I started thinking that might not make a whole lot of sense. But for now, I’m going to stick with it out of respect for my Aussie friends.

9 comments:

Skvid said...

I'm an Aussie, and I’m pretty sure Ostrayah is real. If it’s not real, then I’m not real, so I am pretty sure that it’s real (at least three days a week). On a clear day you can see for miles. I’m not sure if that’s relevant, but it’s true...

Justin said...

Skvid:Hmmm. I guess that means you can be in my " “Americans and Non-Existent Aussies Together” for threedays a week. If you want. J.

Anonymous said...

I can not begin to express my deepest emotions of regret as I read this Blog. My notes to Sir Justin do not only come from me, but my deep inner child yearning for a father figure. Oh Master Justin, why have you betrayed me? "Ich bin ein Berliner," as our once alive President Kennedy spoke. Which should be noted, he is not, as he believed, a Jelly Donut; as we Americans have all seen from his numerous assasination videos. But I my friend, am.

Anonymous said...

Like I said yesterday. Curtis = Pauly Shore.

Anonymous said...

I hope this note wasn't written by a student, otherwise you're not doing your job...

Oz had better be real - I want to go there someday, and will be disappointed if the plane has nowhere to land...

just another blogger said...

Hmmm... I am neither a Non-existent Aussie nor an existing American, so where do I fit in??
:-?




PS: I am newbie in the Blogspace, just came across your blog on the homepage of blogger(Jee.. will my blog ever feature there??)... Great one!:)

Skvid said...

Thankyou very much Justin, I would love to join your group for Americans and Non-Existent Aussies on the three days a week that I am real.

That means I can be non-existent in some way every single day of the week. You have restored a bit of balance to my partially existent life.

kelmaree said...

Thanks for all the support! Existence challenged Australians now have a support in the existing world. If Australia does ever materialise or Oprah declares its existence, which seems unlikely, as Oprah is never wrong (except when she disagrees with Dr Phil, Dr Phil knows all! - hey that’s an idea, lets ask Dr Phil for an answer to our existence crisis!)

Anyway if Australia and the Aussie masses that call it home (or at least try to) do seep into existence, even if just for a brief moment, u should all come visit. Better yet come before then – it will make for a much more interesting trip – but very boring holiday pics.

Anonymous said...

Wow, after sixteen years the penguin contest just happened to end the day before this post? That's rather unfortunate...I think this contest might not have been as successful as other conceptofirony contest due to the lack of a Chiptole prize.