With Continual Reference to Justin Kahn.

Monday, February 20, 2006

The Return of Justin


Well, Africa was a really good time. Looking over the last two posts, it would appear that conceptofirony continued to run smoothly even though I wasn't around. That's a real good feeling, knowing that you can pick up and leave and nothing is disrupted.

Unfortunately, the pleasure of returning home was short lived. The first thing I did when I returned home was to sit down at my baby grandpiano(see picture, above) and spend a few minutes tickling the ivories. That’s when I noticed an unusual piece of mail (My manservant leaves what he considered to be important mail on the piano and I always trust Curtis' judgement in these matters.)

The peculiar mail consisted of a stack of forms all related to the Freedom of Information Act.

According to this bad boy, I have to answer questions. Lots of questions. Probing questions. You can read the disgusting details for yourself, but suffice it to say that I am required by federal law to provide information about myself. They create this massive file, which any of the public can then request. Also, I am to provide some of these answers on my own blog--the last place I ever wanted people to learn about me.

Is this what Jack Bauer risks his life for?

Didn’t I get into the whole blogging scene because I found honesty just too much to bare? Didn't I hope that I could present a tough, but smooth shaven façade?

That is a rhetorical question.

Unfortunately, the Freedom of Information Act requires that I answer it.

Yes. That is why I got on to the whole blogging scene.

And so I apologize to you my dear readers. I know you must blush at seeing me put on the dissecting table so to speak. But know that I do not lose heart. I know that we will both emerge all the stronger for it.

3 comments:

starbender said...

Is the paperwork worth the paper it is written on?
:o

asdfasdfasdf said...

I don't think you HAVE to answer to anyone.

Mind Curry said...

there are many conspiracy theories centered around right to information, and other acts and laws that threaten your privacy. just like the theory of antivirus companies themselves paying for viruses to be released. yeah but too controversial to write on justins blog. dont want him in trouble ;)