With Continual Reference to Justin Kahn.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Behold

This morning, I proctored a test. It was in the Case law school. I would have proctored for free, had I know just how beautiful the building is. I have this theory: Law School Alumni donate more money to their alma mater than philosophy majors. Here were some of the things I enjoyed: Gold Faucets (or at least Gold Plated Faucets); Free Beverages in open refrigerators; People who were growing younger rather than older (perhaps because of the disease free environment). This may sound cliché-ish, but while it is a nice place to visit, I wouldn’t want to live there. It’s not luxurious, but the philosophy departments are where I feel most at home. Sure there aren’t free drinks. And yes, we draw our water from a well. But still. Oh sweet, Asbestos! Oh Glorious Accelerated Aging Process!

No comments: