With Continual Reference to Justin Kahn.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Humbled.

Every since Taihae has returned to my blog's comments section it is like I am living in my own personal Spring Time.

Roses are blooming in my living room (which suggests I should probably clean as I didn't plant anything in there).
And I am reminded of my ability to attract minimally committed readers from around the globe.

But I have also been distraught by a question: Why have so many of my blogger friends disappeared? Please note that they didn't simply stop reading, but they abandoned their own blogs.

Just before I was going to admit suspecting that he was my long lost brother Comrade K's blog disappeared.
Part-Time Buddha?
And of course those in limbo and Texan limbo.
As hard for me as it is to admit, I finally see that it must be the genius of my blogging which drives these readers mad.
If I can't blog on the level of Justin, they must reason, I might as well have a life.

But Taihae is a vivid, and maybe just a tiny bit sad, reminder that the life out there just isn't worth it compared to living vicariously through me.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw shucks, you're making me blush. living vicariously through you is my only real intense joy in this vale of tears, next to useless and overpriced glass animals. It took me many months of a great journey, a pilgrimage, if you will, to realize that. yea, i did wander and became lost but the lord did look down upon me and i wept for he was great and terrible to behold and as i averted my face his words like thunder rolled across the plains and said "hey, its been a while since you checked up on that weird justin guy, hasnt it?"

Justin said...

taihae,  I'm glad it made your day. But umm.  I was refering to the other taihae Awk...word.  Anyway, I'm not that weird.  Real people wouldn't even know I have a blog from looking at me.j

Anonymous said...

If I might remind Sir J...

There is a big difference between reading a blog, and leaving comments on it.



Chaos

Anonymous said...

I'm reader number five!

Anonymous said...

I'm reader number six!

Anonymous said...

I'm reader number 7!

Anonymous said...

Is Taihae one of the many aliases of Justin Kahn

Anonymous said...

Sorry Taihae! :(

maleah said...

I am indeed minimally committed and I every will be.

M

maleah said...

OH, but I was in Vegas and so I didn't look at your blog until today.

Anonymous said...

oh, i dare not even dream that the likes of me could be a justin persona.

Susan Miller said...

You do set the bar pretty high, Sir J. It is sooooo intimidating.

kelmaree said...

i still visit every now and then, stopped using my own blog due to extreme lack of interest from anyone else

Anonymous said...

heh heh. i'm still around sir. i go by a different name now because names are so 20th century. but i still read and laugh and wish i'd been in the crib right next to yours, to only opportunity anyone could have had to say he knew you before you were famous.