With Continual Reference to Justin Kahn.

Monday, February 13, 2006

I love the Smell of Napalm during Valentine’s Week.




Is there anything better than Valentine’s Day?

I think not. Unless it is Valentine’s Week.

To kick off this week, I rented a movie based on Joseph Conrad's 'Heart of Darkness." I thought it was going to be a romantic comedy with its delightful juxtaposition of 'heart' and 'darkness.' The movie, Apocalypse Now, is not the most romantic of comedies.

Silly me!

I seem to pick out movies on a sixth grader level.

Anyway, I can't encourage you enough to do something to get in the spirit of this week.

Here's a funny little joke, I like to play. I tell a lady friend how lonely I am, ask her to be my valentine and than mock her if she says yes. "Ha! I was totally joking! I don't even have the slightest emotional connection with you."

Not funny?

Well, I don't really do that. But girls seem to think it funny when they pull that on me.

"Like I could ever be involved with a man of your spelling abilities!"

Oh, the horror!

Anyway, don't worry about ol' conceptofirony being alone. I've gotten some amazing matches on eharmony.

Perhaps some day I will be able to say with Martin Sheen's character in Apocalypse Now: “I was going to the worst place in the world…and I didn’t even know it.”

Oh, the horror!

6 comments:

brinjal butt said...

i wouldn't do that kind of joke to a guy. =P

Sesquipedalien said...

*Laugh*

That's all I can say...

Niklas said...

Grteat and interesting blog. I enjoy your writing.

crestfallendespairacy said...

HA love that movie....you think valetines is bad- its my birthday too....boo!!-cindy
http://sempiternallypreternatural.blogspot.com/

Becannie said...

I used to think Valentine's Day was a wonderful day to celebrate love and companionship. Times change. Just like maybe someday that girl will find it funny...

The Lost Scholar said...

C'mon
"Apocalypse Now" not getting you into the spirit of St. V's day
I mean the destruction and hopelessness not invoking the feeling of most single people during the week. Especially us who have recently gotten rejected.