With Continual Reference to Justin Kahn.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Good Evening

The literary critic Harold Bloom, talks about the anxiety of influence. Allegedly every young writer feels the burden of all the writers previous. In ordere to pick up and write, young author, must decide to write despite the fact that the only reason to write is the inspiration provided by those geniuses who came before and provide compelling models of how to capture life on the page.

I feel that way about my comment crew. How can I write knowing the brilliance of my commenters? I'm still working on replying to the comments below. But reply I will.

Until then I've updated Justin Reads Tolstoy

I haven't updated www.justinkahn.com

And finally, I'm a little bummed that one of my blogging heros is calling it quits. Or at least not publishing week daily. If he can't do it, can I? Makes you think, kind of.

No comments: